Dear Family and Friends
As many of you would be aware the Queensland Government has announced changes to the aged care visitor requirements which are to commence from 1am on Thursday the 30th of June. The update states that there will be no COVID-19 vaccination requirement for someone visiting residential aged care facilities from the 30th of June. As such I am writing to advise that we will be allowing visitors who have not been vaccinated for COVID to enter our facilities from the 30th of June.
Please note that there are still a number of requirements for anyone wishing to enter our facilities and these include:
- All visitors must complete a rapid antigen test at site and have a negative result prior to entry.
- N95 masks are mandatory for anyone entering one of our sites and must be worn at all times unless you are eating or drinking.
- Visitors may not enter the facility if they have any cold or flu like symptoms and you are not permitted to enter the facility if you have COVID, have tested positive for COVID in the last 7 days or are awaiting the result of a COVID test.
- All visitors must sign in at reception as we are required to collect this information in case of an outbreak.
- Visitors may move through common areas within the facility if doing so is required to reach a residents room however these areas are not open to visitors otherwise. Our team would be happy to assist should you want to move to an outside location for some of the time you are visiting.
Finally please note that as COVID is still an ongoing risk to residents it may be necessary for us to restrict some sections or all of a site if there are active COVID cases. Please continue to monitor our website for updates in order to be aware of any changes as they occur and any potential precautions in place.
Thank you for your support of our team and for actively assisting us to keep your loved ones safe.
Adventist Retirement Plus
Seventh-day Adventist Aged Care (South Queensland) Ltd
P 07 3218 7777
400 Boundary St, Spring Hill QLD, 4000 | PO Box 577, Spring Hill QLD, 4004